Our client was founded with the goal of bringing corporate-class IT services to small business – without corporate-class costs. They believe that when it comes to technology, the bar can be raised for small business; bringing education, structure and simplicity to what are often over-complicated systems. The Computer & Network Infrastructure Technology Associate will provide support and assistance to not only to clients but also to the Principal Consultant.
When faced with new or unknown hardware systems and software applications, do you have the "knack" to figure them out? Are you confident in your ability to think "out-of-the-box" when problem solving both hardware and software issues? Do you have an entrepreneurial spirit when it comes to working with clients and the ability to provide exceptional customer service?
- Planning, configuring, implementing, installing, maintaining, supporting and optimizing:
- Servers, workstations and mobile devices
- Network devices and network infrastructure
- Operating systems and software applications
- Troubleshooting and repairing existing hardware and software
- Investigating and researching existing and new technologies to match client needs
- Working directly with client sensitive information and data
- Implement company and industry best practices
- Coordinating directly with clients to implement projects and resolve issues, both onsite and offsite
- Communicating directly with clients to understand requirements and explain technology
- Surveying and documenting client systems
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Principal Consultant
- Minimum 3-year technology diploma in network engineering, network security, computer science, or related field from a recognized post-secondary institution; is preferred
- 1 - 2 yrs Industry experience, CoOp or Intern work experience is preferred
- Technical competency and understanding of the following:
- Wired and wireless networking and related hardware such as routers, firewalls, access points, etc.
- Windows desktop and server operating systems within a networked environment (Windows XP, Vista, 7, & 8; Server 2003, 2008, & 2012)
- Apple desktop and server operating systems within a networked environment (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard, Lion, & Mountain Lion)
- Active Directory and Open Directory
- Demonstrate knowledge in, possess certification in, or be actively enrolled in the following certification programs would be considered an asset:
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange
- Administration of Microsoft SQL Server
- Cisco networking
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Strong written communication skills with attention to grammar, punctuation, capitalization, etc
- Strong working knowledge of office applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook; familiarity with ticketing and time entry systems is an asset
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision
- Experience with face-to-face client interaction and the ability to provide exceptional onsite or over-the-phone customer service
- Flexibility to adapt to changing client needs and schedules in a dynamic working environment
- Possess a valid driver's license and have access to a reliable vehicle
- Able to travel independently within the Hamilton & Burlington area
- Hours of work will mainly be from Monday to Friday - 10:00 am to 5:00 pm. Some evening and weekend work will be required
- Comfortable in working in a home based office setting
Please note that this is not open opportunity at this time.
However, if you feel you are an outstanding candidate, Apply now!
Referrals: Kindly indicate who you were referred by in the application process
We thank all that apply but wish to inform, only qualified candidates will be contacted.