- Nursing Unit
- Lindsay, ON, CAN
- Full Time
Adelaide Place, a Greenwood Retirement Community, is seeking a Nurse Manager/Director of Care in Lindsay, ON.
Greenwood Retirement Communities provides seniors across Ontario with a place to have their needs met. We listen and respond to our residents offering tailored solutions to meet their every desire. You have the choice to define your own way, while having access to professional services should you need them. As for amenities, prepare to be embraced in the ultimate lifestyle at pricing that will surprise you, in a good way. Greenwood Retirement Communities currently manages retirement homes in Southern Ontario. A young company, we have only been in operation a few years, but we have achieved a lot. We plan to continue to grow slowly so as not to lose our focus. We believe that this will ensure our retirement homes offer the highest quality lifestyle and our residents will continue to receive great customer service.
The Nurse Manager/Director of Care is a R.P.N,. at minimum, and reports to the Executive Director. The Nurse Manager/Director of Care shall provide professional nursing care to all residents and supervise care given by the Nursing department. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to assessing resident needs, implementing and evaluating a care plan, hiring, training and supervising of team members, communicating with family and support services, working closely with all department heads, marketing, and regulatory compliance with the College of Nurses.
- Current Certificate of Competence as a Registered Practical Nurse with the College of Nurses at minimum.
- Medication Administration course.
- Knowledge of the Nursing practices and nursing diagnosis.
- Certified in Cardiopulmonary resuscitation and First Aid.
- Good communication and leadership skills.
- Willingness to update and keep current their knowledge of changing regulations, practices and procedures as required by the College of Nurses.
- Must possess a valid Ontario driver's license and have access to a vehicle to perform the duties of this position.
- Able to work flexible hours and be available to respond during off duty hours to emergencies.
- Attention to detail
- Customer service orientation
- Organizational and planning skills
- Discrete with confidential information
- Flexible with other duties as assigned
- Sensitivity to the needs of seniors
- Able to manage multiple priorities and multi-task
- Provide supervision of and direction to all Wellness staff.
- Provides tours to prospective residents and other interested parties in the absence of the Marketing Director and Executive Director.
- Assess prospective residents prior to admission.
- Responsible for admission and discharge of residents.
- Develop, monitor and adapt Wellness plans to ensure residents needs are met, and ensure Wellness plan is reviewed regularly.
- Ensure medical records are maintained. Ensure nursing documentation is complete as per College of Nurses' Documentation guidelines.
- Communicate with family and POA for care regarding residents' needs and status.
- Maintain effective communication and coordinate support services with outside agencies as required by residents. Contact resident physician as needed. Maintain contact with PRHC regarding residents currently in hospital.
- Responsible for administration of medications and treatments per Physician orders.
- Ordering medications from Pharmacy as per Physicians orders. Receiving medications and storing medications safely. Organizing and ensuring medications are reviewed every six (6) months.
- Ensures daily/weekly and monthly duties are completed and schedules are maintained.
- Monitors staff performances and completes performance appraisals during probation period and annually thereafter. Ensuring there is sufficient staff on duty to provide the services which are offered.
- Coordinates in service programs for staff development.
- Answer call bells and assist where necessary. Provide emergency medical care as required.
- Supervise residents' personal hygiene and bathing as per schedule or assist when necessary.
- Assist residents with ambulation when necessary.
- Complete and monitor incident reports where necessary.
- Purchase and maintain inventory of medical supplies.
- Adhere to all established policies and procedures.
- Aware of role and responsibilities under the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Attend mandatory in services
How to Apply!
Applications will only be accepted via the online application system.
No applications will be accepted via email. Applications will be screened as received, please apply immediately.
Job posting will remain open until position is filled.
We thank all applicants for applying. Please be advised that only qualified applicants will be contacted.